The Identification Bureau is a part of the Detective Bureau and is tasked with crime scene forensics, evidence collection, Megan’s Law and firearms registration.
TO APPLY FOR A FIREARMS IDENTIFICATION CARD OR HANDGUN PURCHASE PERMIT:
1. Click here and complete the Firearms Application & Registry System (FARS) from NJSP. IMPORTANT: The first page of the application will ask for the "ORI Number" for the local agency, please enter NJ0133400 in this fill-in.
TO APPLY FOR A PERMIT TO CARRY A HANDGUN:
- Current CCW Permit Holders - If you have already obtained a Permit to Carry a Handgun which expires anytime after 12/22/2023 and completed the required firearms training before July 1st, 2023, you now must requalify using the modified Civilian Carry Assessment and Range Evaluation (CCARE) protocol which can be found here. Failure to requalify by December 31, 2023 will render the applicable individual’s permit-to-carry invalid.
- New CCW Permit Applicants - Click here and complete the Application for Permit to Carry a Handgun from NJSP. IMPORTANT: The first page of the application will ask for the "ORI Number" for the local agency, please enter NJ0133400 in this fill-in.
- If you have any questions, please call (732) 988-8000 ext. 429. Please note that all associated fees are set by the New Jersey Office of the Attorney General, not Neptune Township, and are subject to change. Read NJ Bill No. 4769 for full details.
TO APPLY FOR AN ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE CONTROL (ABC) IDENTIFICATION CARD:
- Read and Complete the Instructions and Application Form and Ordinance #17-04.
- If you have previously been fingerprinted by another agency or if you are renewing your card, use this form. IMPORTANT: The "ORI" number for the Neptune Township Police Department is NJ0133400, and must be entered correctly at the beginning of the application portal.
- If this is the first time you will be fingerprinted, use this form.
- For Retail Applicants Only: Click here for the ABC Retail License Application.
TO TRANSFER A LONG GUN (SHOTGUN OR RIFLE) TO ANOTHER PERSON:
- Complete the “Certificate of Eligibility” form for transfers to a family member only. For all other transfers of long guns, you must contact a Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealer.
TO REGISTER A FIREARM IN NEW JERSEY:
- Complete THREE (3) “Voluntary Form of Firearms Registration” forms
Questions regarding Identification Bureau can be directed to:
(732) 988-8000 ext. 428