The goal of the Neptune Township Police Department is to attract qualified individuals to pursue a career with our department. The Neptune Township Police Department is subject to the provisions of New Jersey Statutes Annotated 40A:14-118, et seq. and municipal ordinance in all facets of the recruitment and selection process. We recruit from a candidate pool open to all residents of the State of New Jersey. The Neptune Township Police Department, an equal opportunity employer in all facets of the personnel process.
- Must be a resident of New Jersey and a citizen of the United States.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Shall have graduated from high school or possess a General Equivalency Degree (GED).
- Shall possess an associate’s degree or sixty college/university credits from an accredited college/university or be honorably discharged from active duty service in any branch of the U.S. Military.
- Ability to perform all the tasks and duties of a Police Officer.
- Possess a valid New Jersey Driver’s License.
- No indictable criminal history conviction and of good moral character.
- Shall have successfully passed the police officer’s entry-level written and physical examination administered and or approved by the New Jersey State Association of Chiefs of Police and currently on a valid active list. This requirement may be waived if the candidate successfully completed an NJ Police Training Commission (PTC) approved basic training course for police officers.
- A background investigation will be conducted on all candidates for all positions prior to appointment that will include at least the following:
- A review of the candidate’s application to confirm/verify meeting eligibility requirements for the position applied for.
- A check of the applicant’s driving history.
- A fingerprint-based background check for a criminal record.
- Candidates for sworn positions shall be checked against the New Jersey Central Drug and Domestic Violence Registries.
- Verification of at least three personal references.
- A Medical Exam and a Psychological Exam will be conducted on all sworn candidates prior to appointment but after being given a conditional offer of employment.
In accordance with this agency’s Recruitment Plan, when openings are available or anticipated, the Chief of Police and the Human Resources Department will post notices on agency social media and the police department website.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and should be submitted to Stephanie Oppegaard at the Neptune Township Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 1125, Neptune Township, NJ, 07754-1125. Applications submitted are kept on file for the calendar year in which they were submitted (if you submit it on May 1st, 2018 it is good until December 31st, 2018) and will be used for any applicable hiring announcements during that year. If you have already submitted an application during the past calendar year, and wish to be considered for a job opening, you MUST resubmit a resume and cover letter indicating your interest and your previously submitted application. It is your responsibility to ensure that the application has been submitted within the past 365 days.
If you have additional questions, contact our recruitment officers by email at Recruitment@NeptunePolice.org, or by phone at (732) 988-8000 ext. 425
Current Job Openings:
The Neptune Township Police Department is not currently hiring, however, we accept applications on a rolling basis. See above for more information.