The Identification Bureau is a part of the Detective Bureau and is tasked with crime scene forensics, evidence collection, Megan’s Law and firearms registration.
Identification Bureau Forms
Follow all of the instructions carefully. To save a copy of any form, right click on the links below and click “Save As”.
TO APPLY FOR A FIREARMS IDENTIFICATION CARD OR HANDGUN PURCHASE PERMIT:
The process for obtaining a Firearms ID Card and Handgun Purchase Permits is now located online through the New Jersey State Police. IMPORTANT: The "ORI" number for the Neptune Township Police Department is NJ0133400, and must be entered correctly to fill out the form. Please click on the photo below to begin filling out the forms.
TO APPLY FOR AN ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE CONTROL (ABC) IDENTIFICATION CARD:
- Read and Complete the Instructions and Application Form and Ordinance #17-04.
- If you have previously been fingerprinted by another agency or if you are renewing your card, use this form.
- If this is the first time you will be fingerprinted, use this form. IMPORTANT: The "ORI" number for the Neptune Township Police Department is NJ0133400, and must be entered correctly to fill out the form.
TO TRANSFER A LONG GUN (SHOTGUN OR RIFLE) TO ANOTHER PERSON:
- Complete the “Certificate of Eligibility” form for transfers to a family member only. For all other transfers of long guns, you must contact a Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealer.
TO REGISTER A FIREARM IN NEW JERSEY:
- Complete THREE (3) “Voluntary Form of Firearms Registration” forms
Questions regarding Identification Bureau can be directed to:
(732) 988-8000 ext. 427